We currently teach Design & Manufacture, Graphic Communication and Engineering Science to all levels. Applicants do not need to be able to cover all subject areas as flexibility in our timetables allows us to match the skills base of the successful applicant with our requirements.
As a teacher at Dollar Academy you will:
· Offer imaginative and well-structured lessons across the age ranges (including P6 and P7 pupils).
· Work co-operatively with colleagues.
· Monitor and record students’ progress in accordance with departmental and school policies.
· Attend and contribute to the departmental meetings.
· Contribute to the development of departmental resources.
· Ensure effective teaching, professional vision and knowledge.
· Prepare teaching resources in collaboration with the members of the department.
The salary for the post will be in accordance with the SNCT main grade scales with the Dollar enhancement of 10% in addition. It should be noted that the Chartered Teachers pay scale does not apply to teachers employed by the Academy.
It is a legal requirement for any teacher to be registered with the GTC Scotland whilst teaching in a Scottish school and your appointment is subject to confirmation of registration.
Applicants must complete the Academy’s Teaching Staff Application Form which can be downloaded from our website, and provide a covering letter. A CV is optional.
These should be emailed to email@example.com
All appointments are subject to receipt of a satisfactory PVG Scheme Record or Scheme Record Update from Disclosure Scotland.