Dollar Academy is an independent, coeducational school founded in 1818, with a roll of some 1,300 pupils, of whom around 90 are boarders accommodated in one boys’ and two girls’ boarding houses. Academic standards are high and the school has a reputation for excellence in all fields. The Academy is situated in about 50 acres of grounds, amidst delightful scenery, in the small town of Dollar at the foot of the Ochil Hills, twelve miles east of Stirling, and provides a most attractive working environment.
We are looking for a dynamic professional to join our IT Service Support Team on a fixed term basis. Working as part of a busy customer-focused team under the direction of the IT Support Desk Manager, you will provide day-to-day IT support for the education and administrative areas of the business.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to undertake a challenging role to provide incident resolution and problem diagnosis, carrying out maintenance and project tasks that have been escalated through the IT Service Desk.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Logging and managing incident/problem tickets in a Service Desk.
- Logging problem tickets and progressing them with 3rd party suppliers and support companies.
- Monitor stock supplies and contact suppliers for replacement or new items as agreed.
- Source new equipment as needed.
- Printer hardware support – Liaise with our contracted supplier to ensure an effective print service across the campus.
- Carrying and installing desktop computing equipment as needed.
You must have experience of, and a strong working knowledge of, the following:
- Microsoft Windows 10 in a Windows domain environment.
- Thin Client and Virtual Desktop technologies (VMWare)
- Apple devices and desktops on a network
- MECM – packaging and deploying software
- Microsoft Office (2019).
- Office 365
- Education hardware and software
- Projectors, IAWBs and interactive touchscreen displays.
In addition, you should also have a good understanding of:
- Windows Server technologies including Windows Group Policy.
- Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Networking and network diagnostics.
- Working in compliance with GDPR
Applicants should have:
- IT support experience in an IT support role with direct end-user interaction (telephone and face-to-face contact).
- A natural flair for customer service and strong communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within a short time scale
- Work with other team members, as directed by the IT Service Support Manager
The salary for the post is £28,981 per annum (SJC scale point 29). Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm with one hour for lunch. This is not a term time only position.
The Academy’s Support Staff Application Form must be completed. Completed application forms should be mailed to: The Human Resources Manager, Dollar Academy, Mylne Avenue, Dollar, FK14 7DU, Clackmannanshire OR emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
All appointments at Dollar Academy are subject to satisfactory clearance through the Disclosure Scotland Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme. The successful candidate will be asked to make a formal application, the cost of which will be covered by the Academy.