Self-employed, part-time Hockey Coach
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, self-motivated, highly organised and experienced coach to work within our successful and thriving Hockey Programme. This role provides coaching to teams, groups and individuals as required. Hockey is the major sport for girls aged 8-18 from August – March.
As directed by the Director of Hockey the successful candidate will:
- Provide the Director of Hockey with information as required in relation to the progress of individuals and teams
- Undertake any administrative work required
- Prepare pupils for sporting qualifications if appropriate
- Prepare pupils for competitions/matches (as appropriate) and encourage pupils to take up opportunities to develop their sport
- Attend matches or other fixtures, as agreed with the Director of Hockey
- Act in a professional manner, maintaining good order among pupils and safeguarding their health and safety
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children according to school policies and procedures
- Assist with any other reasonable duties as requested by the Director of Hockey
Candidates should hold a relevant sports coaching qualification, have experience of sports coaching in a similar role and have previous effective supervisory experience.
Our Hockey Coaches should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong communication skills
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Ability to supervise, manage and engage groups of children effectively
- A positive, outgoing and approachable manner
- Ability to work well within a team and support team goals
- A flexible approach to work
Further information on Hockey at Dollar can be found on the link below:
The successful applicant will be self-employed, and will submit monthly invoices to the Academy. It is expected that the appointment will require a commitment which fits in with sessions which are 15:30-17:00 Monday – Friday with competitive fixtures on a Saturday morning.
Should you be interested in the post please contact Director of Hockey, Lynsey Allan – Allan-L@dollaracademy.org.uk
All appointments at Dollar Academy are subject to satisfactory clearance through the Disclosure Scotland Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme. As this role is self employed it is the worker’s responsibility to provide this.
Dollar Academy is a registered charity in Scotland, no. SC009888