Fixed Term Contract until 22nd June 2022
35 hours per week – 10.30am – 6pm Monday to Friday
£9.50 per hour
The General Assistant will assist in the kitchen and dining room as required in the preparation of food and food service, washing up, general cleaning and other tasks associated with catering
We provide breakfast for boarders, lunch for pupils and staff every weekday, and dinner for boarders, at the weekend we retain responsibility for breakfast and dinner for boarders. Our aim is to deliver healthy, balanced meals, which are interesting, varied and innovative.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Applicants should have knowledge and understanding of legislation around food hygiene however training can be provided.
Relevant qualifications and previous experience in a catering environment would be advantageous.
Previous experience of working within a team to meet deadlines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation and serving of a range of nutritionally balanced meals positively supporting pupils, staff and visitors to enjoy a pleasant dining experience.
- Ensure the safe and proper use of equipment used in the preparation of food and related activities and assist with cleaning activities in accordance with COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) guidance
- Encourage and promote menu options and support pupils to develop good dietary habits.
- Engage positively as part of a team and undertaken individual tasks to ensure food preparation, service and associated activities are completed within agreed timescales.
- Assist with the cooking of ingredients under the direct instruction of the Catering Manager and/or Head Chef.
- Maintain agreed housekeeping standards and comply with health and safety, hygiene regulations.
- Ensure a cost effective and high standard of food preparation at all times.
- Ensure portion control is followed and met at all times to ensure cost efficiency is met.
- Ensure the effective clearing and cleaning down of all surfaces, units and equipment, including dishes and utensils.
- Load and operate dishwashers and sink wash dishes as required, including cutlery, tumblers, jugs, serving utensils, containers, tables and all other catering equipment within the kitchen and / or dining area.
- Ensure waste bins are emptied daily in accordance with agreed environmental standards.
Salary is £9.50 per hour
Normal hours are 35 per week working 10.30am – 6pm Monday to Friday
All appointments at Dollar Academy are subject to receipt of a satisfactory PVG Scheme Record or Scheme Record Update from Disclosure Scotland. The successful candidate will be asked to make a formal application, the cost of which will be borne by the Academy.
The Academy’s Support Staff Application Form must be completed and may be downloaded from this page. CV’s are optional.