Dollar Academy is an independent, coeducational school founded in 1818, with a roll of some 1,300 pupils, of whom around 90 are boarders accommodated in one boys’ and two girls’ boarding houses. Academic standards are high and the school has a reputation for excellence in all fields. The Academy is situated in about 50 acres of grounds, amidst delightful scenery, in the small town of Dollar at the foot of the Ochil Hills, twelve miles east of Stirling, and provides a most attractive working environment.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an EDT Technician to support effective teaching and learning through the efficient, effective and safe deployment of EDT resources.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of materials and equipment for EDT lessons
- Ensuring a health and safe working environment for staff and pupils
- Assisting in the design, development and maintenance of specialist resources and long term projects
- Ensuring department’s resources are maintained to required standards
- Be educated to National 5 level in relevant subjects
- Hold a qualification related to the workshop environment (desirable but not essential)
- Have previous experience with fixed workshop machinery
- Ideally be experienced in the use of CAD/CAM such as CNC router, laser cutter, 3D printers. However, this is not essential as full training will be given
- Have knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety best practices
Terms and Conditions of Appointment
Hours for this role are 21 hours per week and working hours are currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of each week. This is a term time only position plus an additional six days during school holidays to deal with the start and end of each academic year.
Our support staff are automatically enrolled in the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, to which the Governors contribute the statutory level of Employer’s Contributions.
Employees whose children attend the Academy are eligible for fee remission, and details will be made available to the successful candidate.
All appointments at Dollar Academy are subject to satisfactory clearance through the Disclosure Scotland Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme. The successful candidate will be asked to make a formal application, the cost of which will be covered by the Academy.
The Academy’s Support Staff Application Form must be completed and is available to download by visiting our website. Completed application forms should be mailed to: The Human Resources Manager, Dollar Academy, Mylne Avenue, Dollar, FK14 7DU, Clackmannanshire OR emailed to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 9th August 2021. CVs and covering letters are optional.