The Academy has a vacancy for a housekeeper to undertake cleaning duties in one of its boarding houses. The Academy aims to provide a comfortable home-from-home environment for boarding pupils, with high standards of cleanliness.
This is a permanent, part time, term time post.
Normal working hours will be 25 hours per week, with working patterns to be discussed at interview.
Pay for this role is currently £8.28 per hour.
Duties will include:
- Vacuuming and dusting rooms and corridors;
- Emptying all waste bins in line with recycling guidance;
- Cleaning glass and mirrors;
- Cleaning fridges, cookers and ovens;
- Washing inside windows, where safe to do so;
- Sweeping and mopping;
- Cleaning bathrooms and toilets;
- Providing limited cleaning duties in the House Parents’ private accommodation when required;
- Reporting anything in need of repair or replacement to the appropriate member of staff;
- Storing cleaning materials safely and tidily.
It would be advantageous if candidates were familiar with the required safety guidance and regulations relating to the job.
The successful candidate will be polite and friendly, and able to establish good relationships with colleagues, and with pupils.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please complete the Support Staff Application Form, which can be downloaded by clicking on the link, or contact Julie Duncan:
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the HR Manager, Dollar Academy, Dollar, FK14 7DU by 31st July 2019.
We hope to interview and appoint in time for the start of term on 20th August 2019.
All appointments at Dollar Academy are subject to satisfactory clearance through the Disclosure Scotland Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and the Academy will arrange and pay for an application to be made.
Scottish charity no. SC009888