15 HOURS PER WEEK AT EVENING AND WEEKENDS
PERMANENT, PART TIME, TERM TIME
£10.02 PER HOUR (EVENINGS) / £12.52 PER HOUR (WEEKENDS)
COMMENCING AUGUST 2021
Our boarding community is at the very core of Dollar Academy, and it has been for over two hundred years. We are rightly proud to be the world’s oldest co-educational day and boarding school. Our Assistant Housestaff work closely with Houseparents to provide a home from home to boys and girls aged 10 to 18, with juniors and seniors mixing together.
We are currently recruiting for Assistant Housestaff and key duties include:
- Providing a responsible, supervisory adult presence in our boarding houses
- Dealing with emergencies
- Being available for boarders – both to address concerns and to engage socially
- Weekend duty – attending meals and check boarders’ attendance
- Evening duty – assisting Houseparent/House Tutor with evening routines which may include preparation of suppers, checking boarders have completed duties, supervision of bedtimes, lights out
- Checking out/in of boarders at weekends
- Arranging doctor’s/dentist’s appointments and if necessary transporting boarders to these appointments
- Reporting day to day repairs to Houseparents
- Supervision of cleaning staff in absence of Houseparent
- Answering telephone and passing on messages to Houseparents
- Repairs of boarders’ clothing
- Dispensing medicines
- Stock control of medicines, including ordering
- Stock control of cleaning materials, light bulbs, etc including ordering
Letters of application, accompanied by the completed application form (available on the school website www.dollaracademy.org.uk) should be emailed to email@example.com or sent to The Human Resources Manager, Dollar Academy, Dollar FK14 7DU.
All appointments at Dollar Academy are subject to receipt of a satisfactory PVG Scheme Record or Scheme Record Update from Disclosure Scotland. The successful candidate will be asked to make a formal application, the cost of which will be borne by the Academy.
Dollar’s boarding is regulated by the Scottish Care Inspectorate; in accordance with their statutes, all staff involved in the delivery of care are required to be registered by a professional body such as the GTCS, the NMC or the SSSC. Applicants for the position of Assistant Housestaff should either be so registered already, or prepared to undergo the necessary training towards certification and subsequent registration. Registration must occur within 6 months of starting in post and you are further required to successfully obtain the Children and Young People Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ3) within three years of registration.
The Governors of Dollar Academy Trust is a charity registered in Scotland SC009888