*All bus timetables are subject to change at the start of session 2020-21 depending on current guidelines at the time. First Buses have remained the same timings as last session.*
From 30 November, we will be using a digital ticketing system for routes provided by Hunters Executive Coaches. To find out more, click here.
There is an extensive network of school bus and coaches bringing pupils into school along routes from Aberdour, Auchterarder, Alloa, Bannockburn, Bridge of Allan, Dunblane, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Glenrothes, Hillfoots, Linlithgow, Limekilns, Perth, and Stirling. On all routes, there are ‘early buses’, which leave after the school day has finished at 3:25pm, and ‘late buses’, which leave from 5:00pm, allowing pupils to participate in after-school activities.
Our school buses are a mixture of public routes and privately hired vechicles.
The school bus stop is located on Mylne Avenue in front of the School Dining Hall. Unless otherwise instructed, all pupils will get off and on their school bus from this stop. Payment for the privately hired routes must be made in advance at the school.
The private hire routes are organised by the school to support pupils travelling to and from school on a daily basis.
- The school uses approved local companies who comply with all current legislation.
- Unlike commercial buses the times published on the timetables are advisory, due to private hire coaches not being allowed to wait in bus stops. In most cases the key timing points will be adhered but this is not always possible. Pupils should arrive in plenty of time as traffic conditions or fewer passengers on the day may make an early departure possible (no more than 5 minutes early). However, it is not expected any service should leave the first pick up point early at the start of the service.
- Many factors affect the running times of coaches on a daily basis and the school cannot take any liability for the failure of the service, timing errors, stops missed, accidents, etc.
- Pupils are legally required to wear a seat belt on a coach. If a pupil does not adhere to this, then they may lose the right to use these services.
- The school expects the same level of behaviour from our pupils when travelling to school as we do during the school day. Any pupil not adhering to this may have their right to travel withdrawn.
- If a pupil misses a private hire coach, then the responsibility to transport them to or from school lies with the parent /guardian not the school.
- If a pupil misses a private hire coach or First bus at the end of the school day, then they should notify the school office or a member of the SSG. They will then be able to wait in one of the boarding houses until their Parent or Guardian can collect them.
For day-to-day bus transport enquiries, please phone 01259 740507.