We are an academically selective school and entrance is by written test and/or interview.
- The entrance examinations for our August 2016 intake will take place at the school on Saturday 23rd January 2016, with interviews for Prep 1 & Prep 2 in the preceding week .
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to register your child for the assessments.
These assessments are not simply pass/fail examinations, instead they are used to assess whether prospective pupils are sufficiently able to benefit from a Dollar Academy education and, where relevant, are used to inform decisions on appropriate teaching sets.
Our entrance assesments are also used to inform decisions on the allocation of bursary and scholarship awards.
Assessment for entry:
- For entry into Prep 1 & 2 (P1 & P2), you will be invited to bring your child for an interview and a short assessment with Mrs Morrison, Head of Dollar Academy Prep and Junior school.
- For Prep 3 – Prep 5, entry is by assessment. Postal tests can be arranged for Prep 4 and 5 stages.
- For Junior 1 and Junior 2 (P6 & P7), pupils are invited to sit an entrance examination. Arrangements can be made for pupils who do not live locally to sit the examination under the supervision of their own schools. Pupils who will be aged 10 years old in the calendar year of their proposed entry to Junior 1 will sit papers in English, Mathematics and Verbal Reasoning. Pupils who become 11 years old will take more advanced papers for entry into Junior 2.
- For Form I and Form II (S1 & S2), entry is normally by examination. Arrangements can be made for pupils who do not live locally to sit the examination under the supervision of their own schools. Pupils are invited to sit papers in English, Mathematics and Verbal Reasoning. Applicants for Form II are also asked to sit a Modern Language paper.
- For entrance to Forms III, IV, V and VI, pupils are assessed by public examination results, a report from the previous school, and, wherever possible, an interview with the Rector.
How to register for the entry assessment:
The families of prospective applicants should email email@example.com for more information on how to register their child for the assessments.