We are an academically selective school and entrance is by written test and/or interview. Entrance examinations for the August intake take place at the end of January each year, and can be arranged at a later date if more suitable.
- For the August 2019 intake, entrance assessments will take place on Saturday 26 January. Interviews for entry into Prep 1 and 2 begin week commencing 21 January 2019.
These assessments are not simply pass/fail examinations, instead they are used to assess whether prospective pupils are sufficiently able to benefit from a Dollar Academy education and, where relevant, are used to inform decisions on appropriate teaching sets.
Our entrance assessments are also used to inform decisions on the allocation of bursary and scholarship awards.
For applications after January or for entry to Dollar Academy during the academic year, please email email@example.com for more information.
Assessment for entry:
- For entry into Prep 1 & 2 (P1 & P2), you will be invited to bring your child for an interview and a short assessment with Mrs Morrison, Head of Dollar Academy Prep and Junior school.
- For Prep 3 – Prep 5, entry is by assessment. Postal tests can be arranged for Prep 4 and 5 stages.
- For Junior 1 and Junior 2 (P6 & P7), pupils are invited to sit an entrance examination. Arrangements can be made for pupils who do not live locally to sit the examination under the supervision of their own schools. Pupils who will be aged 10 years old in the calendar year of their proposed entry to Junior 1 will sit papers in English, Mathematics and Verbal Reasoning. Pupils who become 11 years old will take more advanced papers for entry into Junior 2.
- For Form I and Form II (S1 & S2), entry is normally by examination. Arrangements can be made for pupils who do not live locally to sit the examination under the supervision of their own schools. Pupils are invited to sit papers in English, Mathematics and Verbal Reasoning.
- For entrance to Forms III, IV, V and VI, pupils are assessed by public examination results, a report from the previous school, and, wherever possible, an interview with the Rector.
How to register for the entry assessment:
The families of prospective applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to register their child for the assessments.