Find the most recent expedition information below. As always, we ask that pupils are committed to the DofE Award and complete details of other activities in their eDofE account.
At a Glance: Expedition Programmes and Information
- Forms III, IV and VI: Expedition programme for May/June 2019
- Form III: Bronze training calender May 2019
- Form IV: Silver Expedition calender June 2019
- Form V: Gold Expedition calender June 2019
- Form III undertake their practice expedition for the Bronze Award in May, with a one-night expedition in the Ochil Hills. Unlike assessment expeditions, these are accompanied by staff for maximum training benefit. Pupils select one of the four weekends in May, giving considerable choice. (Note that unaccompanied Bronze Assessment expeditions take place the following Autumn for these pupils).
- Form IV (and above) can choose either weeks 1 and 3 in June for their Silver training/assessment expeditions, or weeks 2 and 4. Pupils involved in the school musical may be given the option of weeks 1 and 4.
- Form V (or VI) pupils registered for the Gold Award follow a similar pattern to the Silver Award, but with an additional day involved. Please note that later SQA exam dates means that the (mandatory) preparation day for the weeks 1 and 3 groups will be on Friday 1st June.
- The cost for both practice and assessment expeditions is £30 for Bronze, £130 for Silver and £150 for Gold.
Further information is available from our DofE manager, Mr Johns at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registering for the Bronze Award? Find out more about Parent expedition survival guide - Nov 2018.